Wednesday 4 May 2016

The update of all updates+ EXCITING NEWS!

Hello again from Biarritz!

I have some exciting news to share with you all- a couple of things, actually!

The first thing is that I have committed to staffing here in Biarritz for the next 2 years! So this means I am now on full-time staff, and possibly staffing the next January DTS! I am not sure how exactly I will be serving over the next 2 years, but there are loads of opportunities and I am excited to see how God will use and grow the different gifts he has given me. As I was praying about committing to full time staff, I felt God say that with commitment comes vision, and as I serve and seek him here in France, He will guide me and give me further vision for my own life. Ywam Biarritz is currently pioneering a music ministry, a sports ministry, a ministry for women and children, a surf ministry, looking for a new base, running 3 DTS's per year, and are quite involved with the refugee crisis, sending and coordinating teams. So like I said- LOTS of opportunities to be involved in lots of different areas of ministry. I am excited to see how God will grow me and how he will guide me over the next 2 years!

My other exciting news is...I am going to Lesvos, Greece to help coordinate on the island right after the conference in Germany! It was a last minute decision, one of the leaders here asked me just a few days ago. But the dots are connecting and I will be flying out of Germany directly to Greece and will be there for 5 weeks with another staff. I have heard that it is hard work, but fun and rewarding. A number of people from our base have been doing this work in Lesvos, and we keep sending out different staff members to continue the work there. I have yet to sit down and talk about what I will actually be doing, what my day to day schedule will look like, or even where I am staying when I am there. But I said yes and I trust that God will really bless this trip and give me more of an understanding of this refugee crisis and how our teams are involved there.

All these amazing things are happening and we are getting prepared for this conference and the 2 day drive. But I can't help feeling like I am in a bit of a whirlwind right now- still doing hospitality at the base- picking up different people from the airport, setting up beds, organizing the morning tea for the conference, organizing birthdays, all while trying to mentally start packing for 2 weeks of camping AND 5 weeks in sunny Greece, AND making sure everything I am leaving is packed completely and ready for storage. And we are leaving on Saturday this week. SO much going on but God is GOOD and there is grace!

If you would like to support me financially on my trip to work with the refugees-- (I will give you more information on the specifics of my work when I know more), you can email me (stephaniebweiss@gmail.com) or donate right from this website. There are still a lot of things up in the air, like our flights have not been booked officially, so I am not sure how much money exactly I am in need of. I am going out on a leap of faith that God will provide!

So the next 2 weeks I will be in Germany, the following 5 weeks I will be in Lesvos, I will then return to Biarritz, and in mid-July I will take some time off as my parents are coming to Paris for a couple weeks! So it will be lovely to see them here and I will spend some time with them in Paris, and then we will spend a few days in Biarritz! Then I will be heading back to Canada at the end of July, spend some time with my family, fundraise, possibly work, and hopefully be en route back to France sometime in September.

God is faithful! Thank you for being a part of this with me and supporting me as I follow God and where He leads. I love seeing how the pieces have come together- just a few months ago I had NO idea that I would be traveling to Germany or Greece or even be based in France for the next 2 years! But God had a plan and I can't wait to know Him more intimately and know HIM more. It's easy to get caught up in all we try to DO for him- but it's also so good to take a step back and realize that it really isn't about what we DO for him but really it's about knowing him and walking through life WITH him. What an awesome God to serve- what a privilege!

Keep me in your prayers the next few weeks as these things come together. I don't know if I will have access to wifi at the conference- I have heard that we won't, so your prayers are really appreciated that all these things that need to come together do so smoothly. Prayers for all the vans making it to Germany, and good weather as we are tenting for 2 weeks would also be appreciated! :)

Thank you! God is good!


A recent photo of (some of) our staff + an outreach team fom Switzerland after a barbecue at the lighthouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment