Friday 13 February 2015

Exciting News!

Hi everyone! I've got some super exciting news to share with you all! Our outreach destinations have been revealed and my team will be going to...drum roll... Marseilles, France, then flying to Banja Luka, Bosnia, and then to Ireland! We will be leaving at the end of March, and coming back mid-June. I am super pumped of course and I have a great team I'm excited to bond with. Our team leader is Timo, from Germany, and there is me, Cassidy from Oregon, Christian from Washington, and Hanna from Hungary.

In Marseilles we will be joining up with another team and will be working with kids with an organization there. In Bosnia, we are going to teach English to orphans, and in Ireland we don't have a specific plan yet, but Timo is working on it! Haha! I just have pretty vague information right now about what we will be doing, but I will continue to update as we go and when I find out more.

The past week we have had some really nice weather, as well, so that has been nice for a change. The teaching by one of the base leaders here has also been incredible this week. Every single day I just think I am so blessed to be here and so thankful for life. On the average week-day here we wake up at 6:45, or more realistically we roll out of bed at 6:59 for breakfast at 7am all together. Fresh baguettes and muesli are always for breakfast. Then we have time to start the day with Jesus and get dressed and ready for morning chores at 8:30, and we do that until around 9 and we start lectures shortly after. We learn in the classroom until lunch, with a few tea/baguette breaks in between! Then after a delicious meal cooked by the base staff we usually have free time and various chores we are designated to do. (I am in "hospitality" so my day chores would usually involve laundry, card-making, or baking for special events! Others are spread out between chores like dinner dishes, property maintenance, lunch dishes, dinner prep, etc) If the sun is shining, though, we usually try to kick it outside and go for a walk into the city after lectures or play volleyball or something fun outside. Dinner is at 6:30, and we could have movie nights, game nights, free nights, or dance class- one of the students is a ballroom dance instructor! So there is lots going on usually, and it's awesome. Also each day of the week we usually have another "event" that happens weekly, like for example, Mondays are small group meetings, Tuesdays we have Europe cities project, Wednesdays we have evangelism, Thursdays we have community blessing, and Friday mornings are worship. So as it is Friday night as I am writing this, I am very excited to sleep in tomorrow! Tired for sure!

So yeah! I am super excited for my outreach that's happening somewhat soon. And life here is going great as you can tell from my updates!

Here are some pics I took recently!


Fireplace in the classroom!

Just a random house we passed.




Crepe time!

No comments:

Post a Comment