Friday 2 January 2015

Alive and Well!

YEAH I made it here after what seemed like forever! I left around 11am on the 31st and arrived in France around 7pm New Years Day! I was literally self destructing after being awake for 30+ hours straight! But was picked up by some of the base leaders and drove home, had some dinner, met the staff and 2 other girls that I will be rooming with so far, and slept until 1pm the next morning.

Just got back from a walk around the city and I can say I am SO PUMPED! The city is gorgeous. 15 minute walk to the beach, there's cafes, boutiques, and restaurants everywhere. The base is a great location to take the bus or walk into the city anytime. I can't wait to continue meeting the people that are arriving (10 girls and 6 guys I am pretty sure.) Tonight is movie night, and I believe tomorrow night we will walk into the city to see the light show over the ocean and get some hot chocolate. 

So there's my mini update, and a some pics from the walk today.


The base front entrance!


The surf and snow DTS that our base runs is currently on outreach, and their boards and suits are in the back.



God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastique! Love it! Looks awesome! SO glad you made it safe. Can't wait to hear more. xoxo, Mom and Maya (M & M)

    ReplyDelete